The DVLA Certificate of Destruction should look like the image
- It should have the DVLA logo at the top;
- It should have 'Certificate of Destruction' written underneath
- It should have a unique 12 digit certificate number
- It should have the date that the certificate was issued (Date
of Issue); and
- It should be signed by a representative of the scrap car
recycling centre (Issuing Establishment) which accepted your
You should sign the certificate within the 'Holder/Owner'
section, as soon as you receive it.