CarTakeBack.com Limited (hereafter "We") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The following policy (together with our Website Terms and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read it carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting CarTakeBack.com (“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is CarTakeBack.com Limited of Bankfield House, Bankfield Mill, Regent Road, Liverpool L20 8RQ.
Other Applicable Terms
Our Website Terms tell you the terms on which you may make use of our site, whether as a guest or a registered user. You can use this website to submit details about your car and its location to us, which we will use to provide a quote (“Quote”).
If you choose to accept a Quote, you will enter into a separate set of terms (“Service Agreement”) with the Service Provider, whose details we will provide to you. We act as the agent of a network of such businesses (“Service Providers”) which handle the purchase, resale and recycling of cars (“Service”).
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in our contact forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you: register to use our site; subscribe to our service; request a Quote on our site; request a call back; use our online chat service; participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site; enter a survey; provide feedback about the service and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on our site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, Service Providers, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How Your Personal Information Is Used
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to respond to your queries and requests;
- to provide a Quote to you;
- to contact you throughout the supply of the Service;
- to request feedback on your experience (if you choose to provide feedback you agree that we may display your comments along with your name, location and car details in our marketing material and/or amend any typographical errors in your comments or remove any part of your comments as we see fit. If doing so, we endeavour not to make any material changes that would alter the original meaning);
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Service Providers, if it is necessary for them to provide a Quote or to enter into a Service Agreement;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CarTakeBack.com Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data (including electronic identifiers such as IP addresses) in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of CarTakeBack.com Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with the police, fraud prevention agencies and other companies and organisations for the prevention or detection of crime and the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Data may also be released to third parties if we are required to do so under the terms of a court order.
- We will release your personal information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings.
Driving Licence Number
If you provide your driving licence number this may be passed to the DVLA in order for a search to be carried out to confirm your (or any named driver’s) licence status, entitlement and relevant restriction information. Searches may be carried out as part of the Quote. A search with the DVLA will not show on your (or your named driver’s) driving licence record. For details relating to information held about you by the DVLA, please visit www.dvla.gov.uk.
How We Store Your Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. To opt out of email communications please either click the unsubscribe link within the email you have received or reply to the email with the word ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject. You can also opt out of SMS and email communications at any time by contacting us at info@CarTakeBack.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Accessing And Reviewing Your Personal Details
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Information Relating To Others
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if:
- you accessed the third party website using links from our site; or
- you linked to our site from a third party website.
We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact the owner or operator of such website if you have any concerns or questions.