What if I don't have my registration certificate?

If you need to notify DVLA but haven't got the registration certificate, instead of using the yellow section 9 of your registration certificate (V5C/3), you should write to DVLA telling them that you no longer own the car.

We recommend that you use our template letter to DVLA, where you should include the name and address of the CarTakeBack branch, make and model of your car, the registration and the date of sale.