Tell DVLA you've sold your car

If you need to notify DVLA that you have sold your car, but haven't got the registration certificate, you should write to DVLA telling them that you no longer own the car.

We recommend that you use our template letter, below, where you should include the name and address of the CarTakeBack branch, make and model of your car, the registration and the date it was sold.

Download the DVLA notification letter template Download now