Thank you for selecting the CarTakeBack UK Battery Disposal Service.
Click to form >
Automotive Batteries (as found in all vehicles)
CarTakeBack will take back your waste automotive batteries free of charge for recycling subject to the original manufacturer’s approval, and as long as the following criteria is met:
- You must represent one of the following types of organisation:
- A Civic Amenity Site
- A site holding a waste management license or exemption which permits the processing of waste batteries (Scrap yard).
- A business which performs vehicle battery exchange (Dealership, sales outlet or garage carrying out general automotive repair and service).
- A business which holds a permit to treat vehicles in accordance with the End of Life Vehicle Regulations 2003 (Authorised Treatment Facility)
- The battery is (or was) used solely for starting or lighting of a vehicle (e.g. 12 Volt type usually found under the bonnet).
Industrial Batteries (as found in electric or hybrid electric vehicles only)
CarTakeBack will take back your waste industrial batteries free of charge for recycling subject to the original manufacturer’s approval, and provided that any one of the following criteria is met:
- You are classed as an ‘end user’ under the Waste Batteries & Accumulators Regulations 2009:
- the person who last used the battery; or
- a waste disposal authority or any person acting on behalf of such an authority in connection with its functions under section 51 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990(7);
- Or you are a facility covered by CarTakeBack’s vehicle manufacturer’s waste industrial battery service (e.g. a manufacturer approved dealership)
- The battery is original and unmodified as fitted during manufacture of the vehicle
- The battery is (or was) used solely for propulsion or assisting propulsion of a vehicle.
If your request satisfies the relevant requirements above please fill in the enquiry form below and press SUBMIT. Once received we will process your enquiry in line with the manufacturer’s advice.
"*" indicates required fields