Online tools - There's nothing taxing about this

Posted on 07 July 2016 by CarTakeBack

Facebook Twitter Google+

Not so many years ago, getting an instant, online quote for your old car was revolutionary! (And not to brag or anything but CarTakeBack was the first company to offer this service for scrap cars). With our busy lives it's handy being able to go online and get things sorted quickly and easily. In this series we take a look at some of the handy online tools out there that make buying and selling your car that bit easier. First up…

How to tax your new car:

Step by step guide on taxing your car

​Checking if a car has been taxed:

Step by step guide

Checking how much the tax on a car will be:

Step by step guide

You may also be interested to find out how to get a car tax refund when you sell or scrap your car.

You can read our guide on How to check the MOT history of a vehicle online in our next instalment 

Subscribe to weekly blog updates

Feefo service rating

If you still have questions, you can find all of the answers in the following categories:

About your quote Having your car collected Dropping your car off Getting paid How the law affects you How the law affects us About CarTakeBack

Alternatively, you can search our website below:

Call us on 0330 066 95 85 during opening hours.

Standard rate applies (as per 01 or 02 numbers and is usually included in any free minutes).

Send an email to or use the form below.

It helps if you tell us your registration or reference number if you have one.
During opening hours we'll usually respond within two hours.

During opening hours request a call back by entering your telephone number below.

An operator will call you as soon as they become available.

Chat with us online now.

Online chat is compatible with most desktop and tablet computers, and may be available outside of our usual opening hours.

Want to donate your car to charity instead? Feefo service rating